Find the right Horse Trailer Insurance for your needs from the panel of specialist insurance providers.
Cover available can include:
- Horsebox insurance for vans or lorries from 1 to 6+ stalls
- Private Car NCB acceptable
- Protected No Claims Bonus available
- Discounts for limited mileage
- Discounts for security / immobilisers
- Breakdown assistance and horse recovery
- Trailer insurance
- European Use
- Cover while at competitions
- Instant horse trailer insurance documents
A Quick Start Guide to Horse Trailer Insurance
Finding horse trailer insurance is now easier than ever so there’s no reason you can’t get a policy with all the features you want at an affordable price. It’s simply not worth leaving the safety of your horse trailer to chance, especially when there are so many risks presented from other road users, thieves and vandals.
Is horse trailer insurance obligatory?
Your car insurance will usually provide third party cover for any trailers that are being towed so it’s not a legal requirement to have horse trailer insurance although it isn’t highly recommended. The risks that are posed to horse trailers include accidental damage, theft, fire and vandalism. None of these will be covered unless you have horse trailer insurance.
What types of cover can you get?
The main types of cover you can get with horse trailer insurance are –
- Theft – Because horse trailers are an expensive item, it’s no unusual for them to be stolen. Having theft included in your policy will mean that you’re compensated for the full value of your horse trailer should it be stolen. This will give you full peace of mind when traveling with your horse trailer.
- Fire – Fire is a significant risk with horse trailers so you always want to have cover in place. You will be protected if your horse trailer is damaged, either partially or totally, as a result of fire.
- Accidental Damage – When traveling with your horse trailer, it’s very easy for it to be accidentally damaged. Getting the trailer repaired can be costly so it’s always reassuring to know that you’ll be cover as part of your policy.
- Replacement Trailer – If your trailer is damaged for any reason and not available to use then it can be very stressful if you don’t have a replacement available. This makes replacement trailer an invaluable type of cover to get in your policy.
- Overseas Cover – If you plan to travel with horses overseas then you’ll certainly need to get cover for your trailer when you’re in foreign countries. This is another type of cover that you can get as part of your policy.
- Vandalism – Having your horse trailer vandalized can be very frustrating. At least when you have cover in place you know it will be repaired or replaced immediately.
- Public Liability – If a member of public were to be killed or injured and you were at fault then you could face a heavy liability claim. Having public liability included in your insurance policy will give you full peace of mind should such an incident occur.
Where am I covered?
Most horse trailer insurance policies will provide cover for the trailer both at home and whilst attending horse shows. The level of cover you get at shows will largely depend on the insurance provider and the type of policy you take out.
Some insurers will provide very comprehensive cover that includes arrange overnight stabling an alternate travel/accommodation if your trailer were to be damaged to the point of being unusable.
What about traveling abroad?
Most insurance policies will not provide cover for traveling abroad unless you specifically ask for this to be included. It’s important to bear in mind that when taking your horse out of the country, you’ll need to have the correct documentation and also adhere to any towing regulations of the country you’re traveling to.
What are the benefits of getting cover online?
Some key benefits of getting horse trailer insurance online include –
- Save time and money
- Get quotes in a quick and easy manner
- Get expert advice
- Highly tailored policies
- Breakdown assistance
- European cover
- Easy claims process
- Flexible payment methods
- Instant documentation
What are some good ways to save money?
There are some very reliable ways to get cover for horse trailer whilst also saving money. Firstly you should make the security of your horse trailer a priority. When attending horse shows you should have the trailer parked somewhere secure where there are a lot of people around. You should also make it immobile with wheel clamps – this can go a long way to deterring thieves. This also applies when the trailer is at home.
Another great way to save money is by taking out a limited mileage policy. Limited mileage policies are great if you don’t use your horse trailer on a regular basis. You and your insurance provider agree upon a set number of miles that you will stay below for a given period, allowing you to reduce the risks and therefore save money on your policy.
Paying annually is another option when you’re looking to save money. Most insurance providers will offer a good discount on the cost of the policy when you pay for it upfront.
Getting multiple quotes is perhaps the most reliable way of saving money on horse trailer insurance. The quotes you find can vary a lot so the only way to ensure you don’t pay more than you should is by getting quotes from several different insurance providers. Getting multiple quotes is now very quick and easy so there’s no good reason not to do this as it could save you a lot of money.
Get quotes the easy way
If you’re looking for quotes for horse trailer insurance then you want to go about it in the easiest way possible. It used to be the case that in order to get lots of quotes you’d need to call up different insurance providers and speak to them on the phone. Fortunately getting horse trailer insurance quotes is now much easier.
In order to get quotes from a panel of specialist providers all you have to do is fill in a little bit of information on one quote form. This is much easier than contacting separate insurance providers and could save you a good deal of money and will certainly save you a lot of time. To get started simply click the red button below and you can have your tailored quotes within minutes.