Find the right Horse Trailer Insurance for your needs from the panel of specialist insurance providers.
Cover available can include:
- Horsebox Insurance for vans or lorries from one to six + stalls
- Private Car NCB acceptable
- Protected No Claims Bonus available
- Discounts for limited mileage
- Discounts for security / immobilisers
- Breakdown assistance and horse recovery
- Trailer Insurance
- European use
- Cover while at competitions
- Instant horse trailer insurance documents
A quick start guide to Horse Trailer Insurance
Finding Horse Trailer Insurance at an affordable price, to suit you and your needs, is now easier than ever. It’s simply not worth leaving the safety of your horse trailer to chance, especially when there are so many risks presented from other road users, thieves and vandals.
Is Horse Trailer Insurance obligatory?
Your car insurance will usually provide third party cover for any trailers that are being towed so it’s not a legal requirement to have horse trailer insurance. However, due to the risks posed to horse trailers – accidental damage, theft, fire and vandalism – it isn’t highly recommended. None of these will be covered unless you have Horse Trailer Insurance.
What types of cover can you get?
The main types of Horse Trailer Insurance are:
- Theft – Because horse trailers are an expensive item, it’s not unusual for them to be targeted by thieves. Having theft included in your policy will mean you’re compensated for the full value of your horse trailer should it be stolen, giving you full peace of mind when travelling with your horse trailer
- Fire – Fire is a significant risk with horse trailers so you always want to have cover in place. You will be protected if your horse trailer is damaged, either partially or totally, as a result of fire
- Accidental Damage – When travelling with your horse trailer, it’s very easy for it to be accidentally damaged. Getting the trailer repaired can be costly so it’s always reassuring to know that you’ll be cover as part of your policy
- Replacement Trailer – Finding a replacement at late notice if your trailer is damaged or unavailable, can be difficult. Replacement Trailer cover will take away this stress
- Overseas Cover – If you plan to travel overseas with horses, you’ll certainly need cover for your trailer when you’re abroad.
- Vandalism – Being the victim of vandalism on your horse trailer can be very frustrating. At least when you have cover in place you know it will be repaired or replaced immediately
- Public Liability – If a member of public were to be killed or injured and you were at fault then you could face a heavy liability claim. Having public liability included in your insurance policy will give you full peace of mind should such an incident occur
Where am I covered?
Most Horse Trailer Insurance policies will provide cover for the trailer both at home and while attending horse shows. The level of cover you get at shows will largely depend on the insurance provider and the type of policy you take out.
Some insurers will provide very comprehensive cover that includes arranging overnight stabling and alternate travel/accommodation if your trailer were to be damaged to the point of being unusable.
What about travelling abroad?
Most insurance policies will not provide cover for travelling abroad unless you specifically ask for it to be included. It’s important to bear in mind that when taking your horse out of the country, you’ll need to have the correct documentation and also adhere to any towing regulations of the country you’re travelling to.
What are the benefits of getting cover online?
The advantages of getting Horse Trailer Insurance online include:
- Save time and money
- Get quotes quickly and easily
- Get expert advice
- Highly tailored policies
- Breakdown assistance
- European cover
- Easy claims process
- Flexible payment methods
- Instant documentation
How can I save money?
There are some sure fire ways to save money on your Horse Trailer Insurance. Firstly, make sure your horse trailer is secure. When attending horse shows, park your trailer somewhere secure where there are a lot of people around. For added security, make it immobile with wheel clamps – this can go a long way to deterring thieves. This also applies when the trailer is at home.
Another great way to save money is by taking out a limited mileage policy. Limited mileage policies are great if you don’t use your horse trailer on a regular basis. You and your insurance provider agree upon a set number of miles that you will stay below for a given period, allowing you to reduce the risks and therefore save money on your policy.
Paying annually is another option when you’re looking to save money. Most insurance providers will offer a good discount on the cost of the policy when you pay for it upfront.
Getting multiple quotes is perhaps the most reliable way of saving money on Horse Trailer insurance. Quotes can vary significantly, so the only way to ensure you don’t pay more than you have to is by getting quotes from several different insurance providers.
Get quotes the easy way
If you’re looking for Horse Trailer Insurance, save yourself time and money by using our easy quote form.
To get quotes from a panel of specialist providers, simple fill in a quote form. This is much easier than contacting separate insurance providers and could save you a good deal of money. To get started, simply click the button below. You can have your tailored quotes in minutes.