Get quotes for horsebox insurance from specialist providers.
Cover available can include:
- Horsebox insurance for vans or lorries from 1 to 6+ stalls
- Private Car NCB acceptable
- Protected No Claims Bonus available
- Discounts for limited mileage
- Discounts for security / immobilisers
- Breakdown assistance and horse recovery
- Trailer insurance
- European Use
- Cover while at competitions
- Instant horse trailer insurance documents
Why you need horsebox insurance
If you own a horsebox then you want to be sure that you’re fully protected against risks such as vandalism, theft and breakdowns. Horseboxes are different from horse trailers in that they require their own type of insurance in order to be legal to drive. A horse trailer is usually covered by car insurance but this is not the case with a horse trailer so you’ll need to seek out insurance for your own protection and that of other road users.
Getting the best deal on horsebox insurance
Owning a horse is expensive enough as it is, so you want to take any steps you can in order to reduce the cost of horsebox insurance. Below are some of the best ways to do this –
- Pay for your policy annually – If you can pay for your policy annually then you’ll be able to make a significant saving on the overall cost. Of course you will pay more upfront this way but you save more in the long term.
- Increase excess – Excess is what you would pay if you had to make a claim on your policy. The more excess you pay, the lower your premium. This is a somewhat risky way to save money but if you feel you’re unlikely to need to make a claim then it’s definitely worth considering.
- Get a limited mileage policy – A limited mileage policy is where you and your insurance provider agree to a certain number of miles that you will stay believe in a given period of time (usually over the course of the policy). This is a very effective way to get a better price for horsebox insurance.
- Get quotes from many providers – It’s always worth getting quotes from multiple insurance providers when looking for horsebox insurance. This way you can easily compare them and choose the best policy.
Get horsebox insurance quotes from specialist providers
If you’d like to get horsebox insurance quotes now then simply click the red button below. You just need to provide a bit of information about yourself and your vehicle and you’ll then have access to your tailored quotes.